Tallinn is small and compact and ideal for the day visitor. There are, broadly speaking, 3 parts to explore:
- The Lower Town (All-Llinn)
- the Upper Town (Toompea) and
- Kadriorg, which is just outside the walled town.
You can easily see all three parts in a day, so this itinerary will just list our recommendations for each part.
Making your way from the ship, head for Fat Margarets Tower and enter through this gate.
- Fat Margaret’s Tower/Maritime museum (30 mins)
- St Olav’s church (20 mins)
- City Museum (45 mins)
- Church of the Holy Spirit (15 mins)
- Town Hall Square (30 mins to include coffee)
Enter through ‘Long Leg’ or Short Leg’ streets – in medieval times these were the only routes.
- The Dome Church (20 mins)
- Alexander Nevski Cathedral (10 mins)
Take the tram from outside the city gate.
- Kadriorg Palace (National art gallery – foreign collection) I hr
- Kumu (National art gallery modern) 1 hr